The documents you need to submit are generally the same within the same group category of visas (status of residence).
For a working visa (status of residence), you will need to submit :
- A formal contract with your employer, letter of appointment, invitation letter, or any other documents to prove your activities, position, salary, period of time you will need to stay in Japan, etc.
- Registry Certificate (Tokibo Tohon) of the company who employs you in Japan
- The Company's most recent financial statements (Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statement)
- The Company's withholding tax report
- Description of the company's activities (brochure, catalogues, printed web pages...)
- Your CV/resume
- Certificates of degree, certified transcripts, certificates of diploma, training, awards or qualifications
- Documents to prove your previous working experience (letters from your former employers, etc.)
- Portrait photo (3cmx4cm)
Please check with your embassy etc as well as to any further additional documents you may need with regards to your specific situation.